Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recruiting Shenanigans

So aside from being an oh-so-fabulous 2nd grade teacher, I am a high school girls basketball coach

Not to toot my own horn, but they are pretty good and tall (yes I have 2 6'5" players) :)

Anywho, part of my job (which I may have a new one, update soon) is to recruit new girls and encourage them to join the program.  So today I went to my old high school to recruit and ohmigosh:
1. they didnt turn the heat on, and it felt like 40 below
2. I saw a girl fall and be taken off in an ambulance... here are the details: think about how your elbow bends one way, well this darling girl fell and it bent the opposit direction, yes bone and everything exposed... can I say OUCH and YOWZERRRSSS! Many people had to leave the gym to salvage losing their breakfast.

Afterwards I had a major cardio session and went to my friend (who's children I taught and has a family the population size of Oklahoma) for a Soup/Chili party... ohmiword.. Chicken tortilla soup was TO DIE FOR GOOD! Will post recipe as soon as I get my little hands on it.

Hope everyone had a great weeekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment